Thursday, July 01, 2010

Consciousness and the End of the War Between Science and Religion


You miss the point so easily, bud!



I am a devout Christian. I have never had a desire to dominate anyone or be dominated. Only want to live a decent life, enjoy my time, raise my family and maybe help someone along the way if I can. There are a lot of folks out there just like me!



Your accusations and overgeneralizations about people of faith are absurd and offensive. I tried to reason with you. Your answer revealed tunnel vision and unwillingness to see anything past your own colored lenses.



Granted, you've seen people who claim to be religious acting in vulgar and dangerous ways. They are not representative of all religious people. They're hypocrites who wouldn't know Christ if he sat down at their dinner table. They don't speak for me or any of the others I know.



We've also seen Atheists act out in some pretty offensive ways. Do they speak for you? Of course not! That's silly.



Whether or not a person believes in God is NOT A MARKER OF POSITIVE OR ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR! Mrs. O'Hare, while following an Atheist agenda, was also extremely adept at being caustic, mean spirited and angering even the closest associates to the point of violence against her and her family. Are all atheists like that? Don't many live quiet, unassuming lives as good neighbors and citizens?



What you choose to believe, or not, about a higher power has nothing to do with a "logical pathway... to evil acts."
About Spirituality
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: